What Are You Waiting For?!
As I am a specialist waxer I thought it was about time that I wrote a blog on the subject!!
I have been waxing for quite a few years now and even though it involves inflicting pain onto my clients, it is my favourite treatment as we see instant results. Clients always leave feeling fab too which I love!
If you have never tried waxing then it really is a case of what are you waiting for!! If you shave or use hair removal cream then you will be left each time with hair that grows really fast and feels really thick and course. With waxing, while it may be painful especially the first one, it leaves your hair feeling soft and much thinner so with each wax it just gets easier and easier and you go longer with baby smooth skin!
If you are thinking of giving it a go, I promise you won't look back. Here are my top tips for preparing for your wax:
1) leave at least 14 days between your last hair removal and your first wax. This is very important as I need as many hairs to be on the surface of the skin as possible so I can remove them. If you have very short hair then that means they have only just come through. Which also means there will be lots of little ones hanging around under the skin for the next few days, and therefore you will find your skin isn't smooth for long as the under skin hairs will come through soon.
2) shower before your appointment. Always arrive fresh, that kinda goes without saying!
3) exfoliate your skin around 48 hours or more before your appointment
4) don't use any cream or deodrant on the area to be waxed on the day of your appointment
5) try to avoid waxing while on your period as you may feel more sensitive
6) wear loose fitting clothes to your appointment
I offer both types of wax - strip/warm wax and hot wax. Strip/warm is used on arms and legs and the hot wax is used everywhere else - all types of bikini wax, on your underarms and on your face as it is far better for sensitive areas.
If you suffer with ingrowing hairs then waxing could also be great for you - plus I have the Waxperts Wonder Pads available to buy which are FAB due to their main ingredient of saliylic aicd exfoliating the hair follicles!
You can book your waxing online at www.shore-beauty.co.uk/onlinebooking or please contact me with any questions! Amy x